Books by the Banks is the region’s premier book festival with the mission to entertain and enrich the lives of the citizens of Southwest Ohio/Northern Kentucky by presenting and promoting authors while celebrating the joy of literacy and lifelong learning through reading.
Books by the Banks: Cincinnati Regional Book Festival is an annual celebration of books and reading that takes place every October in downtown Cincinnati. The day-long festival, which is free and open to the public, features national, regional, and local authors and illustrators; book signings; panel discussions; and activities for the entire family to enjoy.
The 9th annual Books by the Banks will take place on Saturday, October 15, 2016 from 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. at Duke Energy Center. Admission is free.
Books by the Banks is a 501(3)C organization.
Representatives from the participating organizations sit on the Board of Trustees and include:
- Greg Edwards, Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County (President)
- Christine Wick, Clermont County Public Library (Vice President)
- Melissa Norris, University of Cincinnati (Treasurer)
- Arne Almquist, Northern Kentucky University (Secretary)
- Jason Bender, Rockfish
- Carol Bowling, Hamilton Lane Library
- John Faherty, Mercantile Library
- Denise Fritsch, Gateway Community and Technical College
- Megan Hall, Kohnen & Patton
- Cari Hillman, MidPointe Library System
- Pete Metz, Office of Vice Mayor David Mann
- Sandy Bolek (Planning & Operations Team Leader)
The success of Books by the Banks is dependent on contributions from individuals, foundations, corporations and the collaborating libraries. To become a Festival Friend or Sponsor please contact us at the link below. Contributions at all levels are welcome.
For more information about Books by the Banks, email firstname.lastname@example.org.