Books by the Banks is the region’s premier book festival with the mission to entertain and enrich the lives of the citizens of Southwest Ohio/Northern Kentucky by presenting and promoting authors while celebrating the joy of literacy and lifelong learning through reading.
Books by the Banks: Cincinnati USA Book Festival is an annual celebration of books and reading that takes place every October in downtown Cincinnati. The day-long festival, which is free and open to the public, features national, regional, and local authors and illustrators; book signings; panel discussions; and activities for the entire family to enjoy.
The 8th annual Books by the Banks will take place on Saturday, October 11, 2014 from 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. at Duke Energy Center. Admission is free.
Books by the Banks is a 501(3)C organization. Planning of the festival is done by staff from the following participating organizations:
- Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
- University of Cincinnati Libraries
- Mercantile Library
- Northern Kentucky University Steely Library
- Clermont County Public Library
- Midpointe Libraries
- The Lane Libraries
- Xavier University Library
Representatives from the participating organizations sit on the Board of Trustees and include:
- Greg Edwards, Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County (President)
- Chris Wick, Clermont County Public Library (Vice President)
- Albert Pyle, Mercantile Library (Treasurer)
- Arne Almquist, Northern Kentucky University Steely Library (Secretary)
- Carol Bowling, The Lane Libraries
- Anita Carroll, Midpointe Libraries
- Alison Morgan, Xavier University Library
- Melissa Cox Norris, University of Cincinnati Libraries
- Sandy Bolek (Planning & Operations Team Leader)
The success of Books by the Banks is dependent on contributions from individuals, foundations, corporations and the collaborating libraries. To become a Festival Friend or Sponsor please contact Jean Feinberg at firstname.lastname@example.org . Contributions at all levels are welcome.
For more information about Books by the Banks, email email@example.com.