The mission of Books by the Banks is to entertain and enrich the lives of people in Southwest Ohio and Northern Kentucky. The organization works throughout the year to present and promote authors, while celebrating the joy of literacy and lifelong learning through reading and writing.
The premiere event is the Books by the Banks Cincinnati Regional Book Festival held annually in downtown Cincinnati. The day-long festival, which is free and open to the public, features national, regional, and local authors and illustrators; book signings; panel discussions; and activities for the entire family to enjoy.
The 11th annual Books by the Banks Cincinnati Regional Book Festival will take place Saturday, October 28, 2017 from 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. at Duke Energy Center. Admission is free.
Books by the Banks is a 501(3)C organization.
Representatives from the participating organizations sit on the Board of Trustees and include:
- Greg Edwards, Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County (President)
- David Rippe, Celestia Marketing (Vice President)
- Melissa Norris, University of Cincinnati (Treasurer)
- Denise Fritsch, Gateway Community and Technical College (Secretary)
- Arne Almquist, Northern Kentucky University
- Jason Bender, Rockfish
- Carol Bowling, Hamilton Lane Library
- John Faherty, Mercantile Library
- Megan Hall, Kohnen & Patton
- Cari Hillman, MidPointe Library System
- Pete Metz, Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber
- Lee Rose, Scripps Howard Foundation
- Christine Wick, Clermont County Public Library
- Sandy Bolek (Planning & Operations Team Leader)
The success of Books by the Banks is dependent on contributions from individuals, foundations, corporations and the collaborating libraries. To become a Festival Friend or Sponsor please contact us at the link below. Contributions at all levels are welcome.
For more information about Books by the Banks, email email@example.com.