Books by the Banks is the region’s premier book festival with the mission to entertain and enrich the lives of the citizens of Southwest Ohio/Northern Kentucky by presenting and promoting authors while celebrating the joy of literacy and lifelong learning through reading.
Books by the Banks vision is to encourage literacy among the Southwest Ohio/Northern Kentucky communities by promoting an annual festival showcasing organizations, and individuals, in support of fostering education and the love of reading.
Books by the Banks: Cincinnati USA Book Festival is an annual celebration of books and reading that takes place every October in downtown Cincinnati. The day-long festival, which is free and open to the public, features national, regional, and local authors and illustrators; book signings; panel discussions; and activities for the entire family to enjoy.
Promoting literacy and lifelong learning through reading
Encouraging a sense of community pride and cohesiveness
Fostering partnerships among the public, cultural, and commercial sectors
Strengthening Cincinnati as a unique cultural destination
Promoting Cincinnati as a literate community that attracts “the creative class”
Providing a showcase for new ideas
Promoting local business
What’s the best part of Books by the Banks? All-day access is free and open to the public! This year’s festival will be held at Duke Energy Convention Center in downtown Cincinnati on Saturday, October 11. Directions and parking information are available on the Books by the banks website.
Books by the Banks is a 501(3)C organization. Planning of the festival is done by staff from the following participating organizations:
- Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
- University of Cincinnati Libraries
- Mercantile Library
- Northern Kentucky University Steely Library
- Clermont County Public Library
- Midpointe Libraries
- The Lane Libraries
- Xavier University Library
Representatives from the participating organizations sit on the Board of Trustees and include:
- Greg Edwards, Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County (President)
- Chris Wick, Clermont County Public Library (Vice President)
- Albert Pyle, Mercantile Library (Treasurer)
- Arne Almquist, Northern Kentucky University Steely Library (Secretary)
- Carol Bowling, The Lane Libraries
- Anita Carroll, Midpointe Libraries
- Alison Morgan, Xavier University Library
- Melissa Cox Norris, University of Cincinnati Libraries
- Sandy Bolek (Planning & Operations Team Leader)
The success of Books by the Banks is dependent on contributions from individuals, foundations, corporations and the collaborating libraries. To become a Festival Friend or Sponsor please contact Jean Feinberg at firstname.lastname@example.org . Contributions at all levels are welcome.
For more information about Books by the Banks, email mailto:email@example.com.